http://www.cgpgallery.com/

Maria Sharapova returns to Wimbledon semifinals for the first time since surgery



Russian professionalTennis star Maria Yuryevna Sharapova may have been slowed down by her shoulder surgery, but any doubts she may have had about her career are long gone now. On Tuesday, Sharapova defeated 24th-seeded Dominika Cibulkova, reaching the Wimbledon semifinals for the first time since she was forced to undergo surgery to repair damage in her right shoulder in 2006.Sharapova, who won the Grand Slam title at Wimbledon in 2004 when she was just 17, played as well as she did when she was a teenager. "I would have loved for it not to have taken that long, but I'm not complaining," she says. "It's the road that you sometimes have to take. It's not always straight; there are a lot of zigzags. A lot of time, you feel like it's a dead end."On Thursday, Sharapova will play against Sabine Lisicki. "I've worked really hard to get in this stage, but I'm not saying this is where I want to end," she says. "I want to keep going."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...